Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Maxisys won't boot after update
Maxisys won't boot after update

11331 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-19 03:37:36

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    KevinWhitehead
    2016-08-17 02:11:55
    I downloaded the new OS system update this morning. After it finished downloading it automatically restarted, and will no longer boot past the MaxiSys Elite Smart Evolution loading screen. Anyone no of any solutions for this?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-17 04:54:32 (Reply to:KevinWhitehead)

You can try pulling the battery for  awhile.
    http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/Diagnostic%20System/21558.jhtml?logoTypeId=1127&typeName=MaxiSys%20Elite

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    gblue

2016-08-17 05:45:30 (Reply to:KevinWhitehead)

Hello

I ran into the same problem, this is a problem that Autel has caused. But they are not admitting it. I have already sent mine back to China for repair, awaiting its return now. To many people are having the same problem. This is very inconvenient.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    Wheel

2016-08-22 02:57:01 (Reply to:KevinWhitehead)

This is precisely my symptoms on mine. have tried holding power button, pulling battery, and attaching wireless keyboard/mouse and unable to resolve issue.
    Too bad the unit won't boot from an external usb stick, etc with a recovery program on it. Might be a good idea for future Autel hardware to allow external device booting and include a usb stick with rescue programming including the original hard drive image so this kind of thing could be taken care of by the tool owner without having to send the tool in.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-29 15:26:47 (Reply to:KevinWhitehead)

same thing happened to me. I don't know if this was done  intentionally or not but it sure looks very suspicious to me. I was sent a file to try to fix it, knowing very well this junk does not boot up from the usb or any external drive. this happened while doing the latest update and within 2 weeks of expiration . maybe I was targeted for speaking my mind here or maybe am talking more crap. anyway  bought me a snap on verus edge, used, plus a j2534 and a few clones. happier than ever been. don't care if snap on is missing a few options here and there but what it has it works great and what it doesn't I do it with a clone. what a shame, it used to be so great.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    bbus

2016-09-16 05:28:54 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

i performed operating system update then was asked for password which i have never had a password set up. i rebooted tablet and now it tries to reboot but only the maxisys elite smart evolution logo comes up several times and then i get a dead android guy with belly opened and below him it says no command. i knew better than to waste my money on this junk

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-09-16 21:51:06 (Reply to:bbus)

well at least you got the android guy as you call it, asking for something. mine only showed the maxisys screen. contact support by email, they will send a file which you are suppose to copy it to a mini sd card then boot your machine, in your case I think it will work since your screen error is different than mine, maybe yours will boot up from the sd card,  give it a try, make sure your tablet don't run out on battery while updating which is what happened to me I think. good luck.   the password thing is weird for sure though, well everything about autel is weird, what m I saying.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    Hanyboy69

2016-11-14 01:27:02 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Hello,
    Did anyone succeed in fixing this issue with a firmware upgrade without sending the unit out for repairs? Very disappointed in Autel, paid over 2k for this unit and can't even get the tech support on the phone after 3 days of continuous calling. Machine is not even 3 month old and it won't boot, it would only restart every time it try to boot. I could only get as far as the MaxiSys logo and it will restart on its own. Can anyone help? Please I need help.

•   Level 2   
    (40) points
    cruz_complete

2016-11-15 02:27:33

Same problem whit the update my scanner is good but when I try tu use to meke a diagnostic automatically the program close by itself

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    fredheistandautomotive

2017-02-02 13:55:07

I am now going through the same issue, machine said it needed software update, let it update software and now mine is as stated above just gets to the screen where it says maxis elite and freezes.  Removed battery for 30 minutes, no change.  Machine did not go dead as it was plugged in during the update process.  Any idea what to do???  I emailed tech support and have gotten nothing yet, scanner is useless at this point.
  Total2 Pages